Summer Solstice Arrives

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Harp at the Hospital

This last Thursday I played at the hospital again and it just gets more rewarding. In additiona to playing the usual wards and rounds that I play, I had an invitation from one of the recreational therapists on the locked mental health unit to play for one of their groups.
It was a most memorable occasion--the patients were open and responsive to the music, the recreational therapists supportive, and I felt that I was helping with therapy again.
I do not regret retiring from the unit, but I have missed working with the staff and I felt that I had come back home in a way.
Looking forward to more groups and seeing how we can have music be part of the healing process with this population who have so many struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment